Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

furor over Cisco IOS router exploit erupts at Black Hat

From: Scott Genung <sagenung () ILSTU EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:25:35 -0500

All,

I just read this article. Based upon Cisco's reaction, I'm rather concerned
about this material that has been shared with the hacker community. I have
asked my account manager if Cisco will be releasing to it's customer base
what vulnerabilities we need to be aware of to defend our infrastructure.
It could be a very interesting fall semester.