Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Marketscore and Higher Ed

From: John Sherwood <john.sherwood () DAL CA>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 07:14:40 -0400

Has anyone had any success using a Packet Shaper to take incoming
requests from Marketscore and redirecting them to an information page?

We blocked their IP address and setup our DNS servers to point any requests
for marketscore.com to a web server here that explains why we think it's
a bad idea to have that software on your computer and how to remove it.