Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Marketscore and Higher Ed

From: David Escalante <david.escalante () BC EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:07:28 -0500

Rodney Petersen wrote:

staff have attempted to reach out to ComScore personnel who have
reported their attempts (which we cannot verify) to make higher
education "more aware of the nature of their products and services."  We
have also placed inquiries with the Federal Trade Commission regarding
the status of consumer complaints and whether or not this is a violation
of federal law as a deceptive trade practice.  Finally, we have compiled
a Resource Page on Spyware & Adware at

Thanks!

This beastie is really annoying, but it's also one of those relatively
rare times when higher ed seems to be ahead of the curve security-wise
and can help the community as a whole.
--
Dvae