Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Allowing Student Laptops to Connect to School Network

From: Mark Poepping <poepping () CMU EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:55:58 -0400

Lots of people provide network access, but there's little consistency and no
clearinghouse of solutions (yet), access to domain-based services are a
separate story.

For the former, you might start with:
http://security.internet2.edu/netauth
especially the "Strategies for Automating Network Policy Enforcement" document
(link toward the bottom of the page).

For the latter, you might consider participating with:
http://www.windows-hied.org/