Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

TippingPoint and Cisco IDSM2 IPS offerings (cross-posted to NETMAN)

From: "Skrdla, David" <david.skrdla () OKSTATE EDU>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:21:40 -0500

(This message has been cross-posted to NETMAN () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU)

Oklahoma State University is considering solutions for intrusion
prevention, IDS, and rate limiting on our network.  We have evaled a
Tippingpoint UnityOne device and were intially pleased.  We have also
been asked to consider a Cisco IDSM2 module in a 650x chassis for IPS
abilities.

Has anyone used either of these solutions who could share your insight
and experience of the effectiveness and value of these devices (or
others)?

Thank you,

David Skrdla
Network Security Analyst