Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: TippingPoint and Cisco IDSM2 IPS offerings (cross-posted to NETMAN)

From: Ray Lombardi <ray () BRYANT EDU>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:52:26 -0400

Same luck here.
Only using one 2400 IPA appliance, controled by the SMS managment
server.  The server has a little way to go yet, but overall we are
very pleased with the performance of the IPA.

Currently the IPS is connected to three seperate segments.  We have
not yet looked into the trunking abilities.  We were under the
usumption it was not availible yet on the current 1.4.2 code.

Ray Lombardi
Senior Network Analyst
Bryant UNV