Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Cracking & Consequences

From: Michael Mills <mmills () RKON COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:26:26 -0500

All great points,

The phishing tactics I was referring to at the time were of the more
"direct" variety, maybe more "Social" than "Automated".  From experience I
have seen users give their passwords out to people on the phone that claim
to be from the IT department.

Michael Mills

Great subject BTW, I don't think that these issues get enough "airtime" as
it is.