Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Automated Patching and Updates?

From: Bruce Purcell <bpurcell () CSUHAYWARD EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:57:29 -0700

At Cal State Hayward, we are evaluating SMS for that very purpose. We've
done some successful tests, but we are not in full production. Note: This is
just for Enrollment Services, not the entire university. Overall, we are
just starting to look at different vendors. But, as we have a contract with
Microsoft and SMS does work (I have used it elsewhere), we've just started
going down that route on our own.

We are combining SMS with Mcafee's ePolicy Orchestrator. We have a site
license for Mcafee VirusScan and Firewall and are implementing ePO to push
.dat files and firewall rules.

Bruce Purcell

Enrollment Services

Cal State Hayward