Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Automated Patching and Updates?

From: "Wehner, Paul (wehnerpl)" <WEHNERPL () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:23:26 -0400

I've been playing with the eval of Ecora's solution. It works fairly well.
I have only tested with MS servers. Occasionally I set the app to force
install and reboot and instead it schedules the tast for later. And it
doesn't understand Win2003 (yet).
Also, in a multi-domain environment, workgroups, etc., authentication is a
bit of a bear.

I am testing the feasability of using microsoft's baseline security analizer
tool, with freeware mbsaFU utility (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mbsafu/)
using SSH. So far it's working well.