Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Immunity Certified Network Offense Professional

From: "Thomas Ptacek" <tqbf () matasano com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:14:58 -0500

 I would generally agree that anyone selling themselves as a pen-tester should
 be able to pass this -- but not at the exclusion of also being able to identify
 poor use of crypto, architectural failures or web application
 vulnerabilities. Maybe
 the dispute here is in understanding what the purpose of this certification is.

No, see, I'm saying something different --- I'm saying that people who
sell themselves as pen-testers DO NOT need the skills this test looks
for. Ability to FIND overflows is more valuable than the ability to
EXPLOIT them.

--
---
Thomas H. Ptacek // matasano security