Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Hacking: As American as Apple Cider

From: "Kyle Quest" <Kyle.Quest () networkengines com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:15:51 -0400

I personally don't care. I was just trying to approach
it in a different way. I was surprised by some of his
oversimplifications given his track record.

My point is... Nothing is simple. There's no silver bullet.
Expecting that perfect systems can be built is unrealistic.
Simply replacing old techniques just because they
don't always work may not be the best idea... because
the new techniques have their own weaknesses.

Murcus definely has some interesting ideas.
I (and probably a number of other people) may disagree
with some of his conclusions. I know my message probably
sounded a bit edgy. In no way it was meant to disrespect
Marcus and his accomplishments. As somebody he's a big fan
of phylosophy, I definitely enjoy reading what he writes.

And to Fergie... I simply voiced my opinion
and tried to support it with some examples... to be logical.
I'd love to hear some proof... that can counter the points
I stated instead of simply name calling.

P.S.
Sorry for typos... my hands still haven't recovered from a pyrotechniqes accident :-)