Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Music to hack to

From: Matt Hargett <matt () use net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:15:11 +0000

Dowd, Mark (ISS Atlanta) wrote:
Interesting, I prefer code auditing and coding in total silence (unless
im not really concentrating very much - such as when coding a monotonous
part of some application). I guess I'm the odd one out here.

I'm actually with you here. I used to be able to do many deep thought activities while listening to music. At some point, my brain required more concentration, so I stopped. Might be a post-prednizone thing.

The downside is that I only hear albums in the car or on the stereo at home. I used to find that listening to albums on headphones would open up a whole new world of detail and enjoyment, but I just don't have the time anymore :(