Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Music to hack to

From: Falcor <falcor () netassassin com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:39:43 -0500

I'm more a classical / baroque listener when writing... it keeps me calm. although it slows down my typing too. Havlar and the rest, damn them, have me not just humming.. but singing the theme song to the "Muppet Show!" I was okay, up until I spoke as if I was the "Swedish Chef" during a conference call that didn't go over really all that well with my boss. I just told him "de furndie furndie... code in de morning furndie bork bork bork" and hung up. Then I laughed for ten minutes, and got a rather confused email from him asking if I needed some vacation time. Granted, this went over far better then the time I was stuck in Kentucky (no offence to people who live there) for three weeks and had the phone system record my name, for the greeting on a conference call, as "I say boy! BOY! You ain't no chicken hawk, you a CHICKEN!" I got to go to special training with H/R for that one. Apparently some of my "peers" were deprived of Saturday Morning Cartoons and didn't get the reference.

Dowd, Mark (ISS Atlanta) wrote:

Interesting, I prefer code auditing and coding in total silence (unless
im not really concentrating very much - such as when coding a monotonous
part of some application). I guess I'm the odd one out here.

-mark dowd