Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Music to hack to

From: Steve Lord <steve () buyukada co uk>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 20:57:06 +0100

halvar () gmx de wrote:

being an expert 0day exploit coder, that doesn't happen too often. I do find myself humming the muppets theme quite often at the moment though with some stuff I'm currently working on.

Great ! -- I was oftentimes worried about my mental health for humming the muppets theme while auditing. It makes sense though: It is very simple, energetic, and one of the most "optimistic" themes I've ever heard. Anybody else humming
the muppets theme ?

Halvar

I've found that I'm using different music for different tasks. The Muppets theme is definately for sploiting, but recently I was having a (legitimate, hold harness and everything) pop at an SAP database server and felt the urge to hum the last bit of ride of the valkyries as I started pulling data off.

I find that Cradle of filth are probably the best band to do network testing to IMHO, but you need to ramp up to it first.

Someone pointed out the potential psychological association between autism and hacking. I don't know about autism or schizophrenia, but I reckon that I've definately developed tourettes over the past few years as a result of working in security.

Steve