Dailydave mailing list archives

Getting Old.

From: "johnny cyberpunk" <johncybpk () gmx net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:41:56 +0200

< I found this remote on an AIX program today. If it was Solaris, Linux,
< or Windows, or was 23 I'd have remote by tonight. Oh well. I'm writing a
< funny paper instead.
i also have an aix for 3 years now and did some research on this OS and
theirproprietary files. and i found dozens files with sticky-bit.especially
the locals can be exploited very easy. find out env vars of theseprogs. fill
them with crappy stuff and wait for segfault. this was my experienceon fully
patched systems i pentested the last 2 years.remotes are more rarely.
actually i just know one in the NIM-Service.