Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Getting Old.

From: rick_list <rick_list () darwinsweb net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:13:52 -0400

Dave Aitel wrote:

Well, at this point I'm strongly invested in CANVAS, so much so that I don't want to write an exploit that doesn't use it (somewhat of a waste of time). Of course, to properly integrate a platform into CANVAS, one needs an assembler and MOSDEF for that platform, which is hard to do in one night. :>

Looks like you have some work to do then.  ;)

I can't help but think this would be a huge score on the fun scale. The implementation has the possibility of becoming a standard but proper foundation trumps fun any day of the week.

As a side note, I've always found it funny how people will hack platforms they arn't fully prepared on ahead of time. Like, if you don't have a rootkit prepared, what's your plan?

It's like a bat.  1 hit.  1 high.

--Next time I'll go for a triple meaning. Double meanings are getting to be a dime a dozen now-a-days.

-Rick