Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Getting Old.

From: Matt Hargett <matt () use net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:47:09 +0000

Blue Boar wrote:
Dave Aitel wrote:

Basically, you have to write a gnu-compatable assembler entirely in Python. I have one for X86 which was quite difficult due to variable length opcodes, but it's not nearly has difficult ( I think ) on something like SPARC/MIPS/PPC, etc.

Did you do PPC already? What's involved in something new like AIX, system calling convention? Or is it x86-only so far?

Generically, RISC is RISC as far as basic assembling/disassembling. Some RISC CPUs have little hacks thrown in that can make life interesting from an analysis/virtual execution perspective, but it's not nearly the fucked-upness that is x86.