Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Hackers and Painters

From: Tiago Assumpcao <module () whatever org ar>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:53:58 -0300

rick wrote:

And the digression continues . . .

Date:        Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:34:10 +0000
From:        Matt Hargett <matt () use net>
To:        dailydave () lists immunitysec com
Subject:    Re: [Dailydave] Hackers and Painters

Jesus tap-dancing christ, what a dumb topic. But I must chime in, of
course.

I prefer Jesus Christ on a Pogo Stick. If you capitalize Jesus and Christ you should capitalize Pogo and Stick.

Art is in the eye of the beholder. Someone could crap out some code over
a weekend with no sleep, and in their mind they are suffering for their
art. It is art to them. I would imagine that not a lot of people
considered Brillo boxes to be art before Mr. Warhol presented them as
such. I suppose it's who the joke is on and whether or not you fall for
it yourself.

I like Plato's view of art. For those of you who've forgoten Plato thinks art is crap because it's based on emotion and not intellect.
-Rick
Any worthwhile or useful content has been removed from this email.

I like to renew, everyday, all the time... And learning that Plato may influence your thoughts in a "wrong" way is always good:
*click click*   REFRESH!

http://whatever.org.ar/~module/cognition_emotion_motivation.pdf

--
Tiago Rezende Assumpcao - module  whatever org ar
7D9A A6BA 8275 964E EF47 EE5A 7AFF C759 B578 ACAA

http://whatever.org.ar/~module