Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Dreaming of Summer

From: David Maynor <dave () 0dayspray com>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 19:21:01 -0500

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 19:04, Dave Aitel wrote:
Argue it the other way and see what you come up with. :>

I think the shot at troajning a debian package like ssh is worth a local
root, this is of course if i was just intrested in blackhat activity.
For whitehat i would much rather keep the 0day for pentesting purposes.
Then again 0day isn't hard to come by these days.
For someone making to look a name for themselves in the undergroud,
backdooring every debian box seems like a great way to do it. I think
this would all boil down to your motivesa for having the 0day in the
first place. I mean if you make your living selling 0day it has a
completely diffrent value than if you just want to deface stuff.
--
David Maynor
http://www.0dayspray.com/~dave