Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Word documents that "phone" home

From: Rex Sanders <rex () OCTOPUS WR USGS GOV>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:37:04 -0700

Testing the demonstration "bugged" documents in MacOS Office 98:

  Word 98 - works as advertised

  Excel 98 - image doesn't load, "file error, data may have been lost".

  PowerPoint 98 - image doesn't load, but error message looks like it could work with minor tweaking (image "ttp://..."
couldn't be loaded).

I am very disappointed by Microsoft's response!

-- Rex