Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Sun StarOffice documents that "phone home" and other interesting problems

From: Luca Berra <bluca () comedia it>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:16:02 +0200

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 10:32:40PM -0600, Kurt Seifried wrote:
What concerns me even more is this: under Windows I created a new
spreadsheet, inserted an image (http://blahblah), saved it and exited, then
ran it through strings, and saw some data from an email I sent a while ago.

They just need to be taught the use of memset() to clear memory :)
There is no chance you can explain them why a bloated file format is a
bad thing :(

MS Office had the same bug, but afair it has been fixed. (the first one)

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca () comedia it
    Communication Media & Services S.r.l.