Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Active Directory Domains

From: Kurt Buff <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 07:21:33 -0700

Some questions:

Who administers the firewalls separating the HR domain from the other domain?
Do the firewall admins also administer either domain?
Are the firewalls between domains even more restrictive of web
browsing and other online activity for HR than for the other staff?
Who administers the HR domain, and why are they more trusted than
those who administer the larger domain?

As you probably gather, the situation seems (to me) fraught with
redundancy and possibility for error. HR data isn't so much more
private than other data (IMHO) that it needs that kind of special
attention - the intellectual property and/or financial data and/or
business processes require pretty much an equal level of care.

Kurt