Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: fraud detection software for a bank

From: Ric Hdz <rhdzguitar () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 01:32:46 -0500

Falcon software anti-fraud system

Ricardo

Gretings

Sent from my iPad

On 23/10/2012, at 01:23, "Burhan Muhammad" <zero9zero () gmail com> wrote:

I believe that this is not a matter of proprietary or open source. As mentioned by gold flake it is about trust.

So what makes you think going open source? If reducing cost is your motives you might want to re-calculate again the
TOTAL operation cost not just the software but including everything from software, developments to training.

Open source will be more flexible (usually) but it needs time before you can achieve certain desired performance.
Development may cost more than going for proprietary software.

Hope this give you some insight.

Regards,
Burhan Muhammad
Master of Business Information Technology
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology