Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: fraud detection software for a bank

From: "Trey Keifer" <trey.keifer () wireharbor com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:41:17 -0500

There are numerous applications that detect fraud in banking systems, both
at a system/organization level and in the network themselves. (The SWIFT
network for example) I have seen RSA's Adaptive Authentication used for
front-end, website login verification - so you could argue it is a "fraud
detection" system. But none of them, to my knowledge, are open source.

This is for the same reason FICO algorithms are not widely published.
Whether you agree with it or not, most financial institutions believe public
knowledge of the fraud detection internals will make it more vulnerable to
circumvention.

--
Trey Keifer – President/CEO
WireHarbor Security, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/wireharbor
"Like" us on Facebook: facebook.com/wireharbor