Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Detect Network Sniffing

From: Kenneth Walling <metajunkie () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 13:43:30 -0500

If you are really concerned about this - I wouldn't wast time trying to catch those instances where someone is being
sloppy (which is all you will catch with anything designed to find nics in promisc. mode).

You would be better served to look into encrypting all of the traffic on your LAN.

Metajunkie