Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Active Directory device block

From: Felipe Martins <martins.felipe.security () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 08:55:15 -0200

Valentin,

You can make it through GPO (Group Policy) in Windows. Go to http://www.petri.co.il/disable_usb_disks_with_gpo.html, as Aamir said, there is a good how to full of picture to guide you.

Best Regards

--
Felipe Martins
Security Analyst

Skype: martins.felipe
E-mail: martins.felipe.security () gmail com

On 11/01/2011 20:12, Valentin Fernandez Bolland wrote:
Hi guys:

Do someone know if it's possible to limit/restrict access to external
unit drives (all CD's, USB, FireWire ports, WiFi, Bluetooth) under
Active Directory, and if so, how?

If no, can you suggest some tool to do so, please?

All the best and thanks,

Valentin Fernandez Bolland

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1