Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hacking Pictures?

From: Robert Craddock <technophile () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:54:19 -0500

In a very simplistic sense, its already possible to match similar
images indexed across the web with sites like tineye.com.  I see no
reason that similar functionality cannot be replicated using mashups
of data gleaned from Images and metadata in Google Street View/Maps.
I'm sure they are already working on it.

FYI, Tineye is powered by an engine called Piximilar
http://www.ideeinc.com/products/piximilar/

-Robert