Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hacking Pictures?

From: Robert Barrow <robert.barrow () cat org uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:41:57 +0000

Hi. Most modern smart phones include geoloc data with pictures taken. You get access to fairly precise co-ordinates for the location the picture was taken. Which, with both the explosion in media rich social networking and the easy access to the hardware that records such information by default, you have a nightmare security situation. Add to this the ease with which you can leverage such information via mash ups and readily available public tools and the assumed threat is no longer just virtual but can extend into the home lives of individuals.