Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Wireless Security vs Performance

From: Matthew Reed <mreed () consolidatedgraphics com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:24:35 -0500

While that is true and WPA2 is the best option, you should at least be aware of:

http://www.storefrontbacktalk.com/securityfraud/wpa2-broken-and-this-time-no-patch/: (you do have to be inside the
network already to break WPA2)

If possible, mac address validation should be layered into this as well. That is not perfect either but additional
layers, when possible and not overly restrictive is the best approach.

Matthew Reed
Director
Information Security Compliance and Awareness
Consolidated Graphics
5858 Westheimer, Suite #200
Houston, TX  77057
Direct: 713.493.6118