Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: virus got past mcafee viruscan 8.7

From: Phil Bieber <philbieber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 08:13:08 +0200

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 22:11, max <maximilianbianco () gmail com> wrote:
<--snip-->
Hi again,
also check, that the anti malware and "unwanted software" options are
enabled within VSE....
You have to tell it to do its job?

Hi!
You don't have to tell VSE to do it's job, but you can disable the
scanning for unwanted softweare, malware, time wasters and others ...
EPO can be a mighty tool, for better or for worse. We had a McAfee
consultant who checked our policies and even some of the default
settings are not necessarily the most secure ones.

Cheers
Phil Bieber
--
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

GPG KEY ID (Philipp Bieber): 0x0185E301
FINGERPRINT: CA81 28C2 E63F DAF8 5ED4 DACB 7C26 EE5B 0185 E301
Philipp Bieber - philbieber () gmail com