Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Judge orders defendant to decrypt PGP-protected laptop - CNET News

From: Devnull <devnull () iamdevnull info>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:00:34 -0400

While true, the penalty for doing this may be much less than the
penalty that would be imposed if the data is sufficiently
embarrassing.

Kurt

In this type of situation, where I had an encrypted (theoretically
uncrackable) drive seized in a raid, what would be the best thing to
do? Would I not divulge the key/passphrase, or should I do so? Which
would have the least penalty?
--
-
/dev/null