Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anti-Phishing with digital watermarking

From: Thrynn <thrynn404 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:01:10 -0400

I have a working implementation of this that you can try. You insert
the javascript in you page (very similar to the google analytics
code).

If an attacker makes a copy of your site and then tests their copy, an
alert is generated. This let's you see a phishing attack before it
happens.

We also do referer whitelisting, to catch those pesky redirects.
Finally, we are able to profile each web user on the site and alert
when someone does something abnormal in their interaction with the
site.

It's only a side project, so let me know if you want to know more.