Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Blacklisting wireless access points...

From: "Dan Denton" <ddenton () remitpro com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 13:50:33 -0500

My apologies for not being explicit enough. Due to the nature of our
business, we do not allow the use of wireless at all for our users, however
most of our users have laptops with wireless cards.

The users in question have been instructed not to access any access points
(there are a couple around us), protected or otherwise, run by neighboring
businesses, and I do not believe they'd intentionally access them but I'd
like to be sure they cannot.

Thanks for the replies...