Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Deny access to copy files

From: "Shreyas Zare" <shreyas () technitium com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 22:22:03 +0530

Hi,

It looks very difficult situation. If programmers can *read* a file,
then can copy it no matter what file permissions you put. They can
just copy the code from the IDE and paste into a text file on USB
drive (its so non-technical). There can be many ways to hide data into
image files (or other file format) and email it or copy it. If its
very important then you may have to ban USB devices and disallow
internet access all together. Even a small access to outside world can
be exploited considering the people are programmers.

Regards,