Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Password communication

From: "Sinha, Amitabh (Amit)" <Amit.Sinha () lsi com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 10:46:08 -0500

Use your phone audix capabilities. When a user calls for password reset have the helpdesk leave the temporary password
on their office phone and send an informational email that their password was reset (without specifying the temp
password) as per their phone request. A valid user will retrieve their temporary password by accessing the audix for
which they would have to enter their audix/voicemail password.

Best of Luck,

Amit Sinha
MS Computer Science (INFOSEC)
Global WAN & IT Security