Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Password communication

From: "mgk.mailing" <mgk.mailing () googlemail com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 13:58:36 +0000

Hi

Regarding the pki, i have been following openxpki for a while and it has been progressing nicely. Admitidly at the moment it is in development but its free and reasonably stable. They also have setup a live cd for you to try on the site. I haven't implemented it myself at the moment but i would hope to review it again when it goes gold.

Hope that helps.

pepsdiaz () gmail com wrote:
Dear all,

We are trying to implement a password policy in our Organization and we have some doubts when distributing the password to all the employees. I would like to know which is the best way to communicate the new password when the user block/forgot his password.
1) We donĀ“t want to use an envelope because it takes long time.

2) Telephone is insecure, how to authenticate the user?

3) email is also insecure...

4) PKI... expensive?

Thanks to all in advance.