Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Password communication

From: "Sam Hansen" <Sam.Hansen () wwu edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:08:50 -0800

?!? Tell Kevin Mitnick that.

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] On Behalf Of Nick Duda
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 8:52 AM
To: pepsdiaz () gmail com; security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: Password communication

Telephone is the best choice there...to say its in-secure isn't true. If it was secure then financial institutions
would not use it for service. They put in place a compensation control for it, like asking information from your credit
report....think of a compensation control that is specific to your business.