Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CISCO Catalyst

From: "Gou, S.TOKIDA" <uni () ss iij4u or jp>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:56:20 +0900

Dear all.

I need to audit CAT 6509 and 2950
Plz type on CUI (conf)#autosecure
This command like a help tool for securering Cisco Devices.
autosecure to set secure parameter on configulation your CAT-BOX.

 - Change password periodically.
 - Lenght of password
 - Historical of password

I see... Cisco Catalyes features may not include a Password EXPIRE CHECK
and Password Historical checks.

If I got on your CAT-BOX Console, I can try it (see below).

Step1 conf t
Step2 (config)# archive
Step3 (config-archive)# log config
Step4 (config-archive-log-config)# logging enable
Step5 (config-archive-log-config)# logging size [entries:set to 1-1000]
Step6 (config-archive-log-config)# hydekeys
Step7 (config-archive-log-config)# notify syslog

Sorry Cheap Comments...

On 23 Jan 2008 09:26:31 -0000