Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CISCO Catalyst

From: "Worrell, Brian" <BWorrell () isdh IN gov>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:54:23 -0500

Are you doing a full security Audit on the devices, or just an activity
/ change audit?

If you are doing a full audit, I would suggest you check the IOS version
for known issues / bugs, as well to see if it supports the Crypto for
using SSH rather than telnet.  (I see this all the time still, that and
the SNMP strings being the normal Public, Private, Inside, etc.)

Just my two cents, sorry.