Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Former Employee Email - Exchange

From: "Roger Onken" <ronken () stein-industries com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:57:58 -0600

We disable the users account; add the manager/supervisor as
a user with full privileges to the mailbox, then add the
users mailbox to the manager's Outlook for review.  We would
rather contact the sender directly, if need be, to let them
know there is someone new to work with, rather than
auto-responding, which seems kind of cold.  We follow up
with the manager every 30 days to see if we can shut down
the mailbox and archive it to a .pst.