Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SSL VPN

From: "Patrick Beam" <patrick.beam () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 01:53:19 -0800

It really sounds like cost is a big factor in your decision.  I would
personally stick with an IPSEC VPN on a cisco device.  Be it a PIX 515
or a newer ASA device.  By using IPSEC you are going to save a ton of
money because with cisco and all of the other vendors you are going to
pay per user for SSL.  If you manage the machines the users are
connecting with then there shouldn't be any problem getting that ipsec
client installed.  As well I think IPSEC has much less administrative
over head.