Security Basics mailing list archives

MFP Security

From: nfanelli () empire edu
Date: 21 Jan 2008 02:52:17 -0000

I was hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction.

With so many features and brands of MFPs (Multi Function Printers).  I have confidential documents that are currently
be overnighted from my satellite offices.  Enabling the "scan to email" feature on our MFPs would help eliminate over
night fees, but how could I secure the transmission and encrypt the documents.  My remote offices connect back to the
corporate office via an SSL tunnel.

Would I be better off by having my clients fax the documents back to the corporate office?

Thanks in advance!