Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: recommendations for centrally managed corporate antivirus solution

From: "Jason P. Rusch" <saltynetguru () infosec-rusch com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:19:06 -0500

I can confirm that EPO 3.6 works well, the learning curve is wide if yuo
want to get into to alot of details, but if you dig deep you can do alot
with it. Be careful to learn it or it can really cause you nightmares.
As far as EPO 4.0  . . STAY AWAY FROM MCAFEE EPO 4.0, DO NOT USE EPO
4.0. Just a big recommendation, if you do not believe me google research
on it, bloated, slow and the GUI is a mess. I tested EPO 4.0 on a lab
network and quickly decided a BIG NO to it.

Just wanted to warn fellow EPO admins, DO NOT UPGRADE, stay on 3.6

My suggestions;
Mcafee EPO 3.6
Trend Micro
Symantec 10 (not 11)

Or just don't use Windows, thats what I do personally =)