Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anonymizing Packets yet ensuring 0 % packet loss

From: Syv Ritch <syv () 911networks com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:21:59 -0700

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:22:47 +0530
"Vivek P" <iamherevivek () gmail com> wrote:

hi all

I am on a lookout for IP hiding & anonymity for a project of
mine!

I wanted to get directions frm hw best can i get my identity
hidden! atleast without using a proxy server from some providers
(like anonymiser)...

It's actually not possible without using a proxy.

Either you are using TCP or UPD packets, either way the other end
has to reply to your IP address or you will not receive the
replying packets. Packets without IP addresses are rejected by
almost all routers as invalid packets.

The only thing that you can do is a denial of service by
injecting an incorrect/invalid/other IP address.

--
Thanks