Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Mail scanner

From: "Francois Yang" <francois.y () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:40:32 -0600

A Barracuda might do it, but make sure you look at all their options
before you decide if you want to go with them or not.  Me, i think
they lack certain things like prevent certain return messages from
going out, but then I'm picky and can be considered too paranoid at
times....

On 2/1/07, Nathaniel Hall <lists () spider-security net> wrote:
security () calowaycrew com wrote:
> Hi
>
> My company currently scans emails for attachments but we are considering a change of supplier.  One of the problems we are having is
with allowing users to release their own emails.  I've spent a few hours trying to configure it but to no avail and support is only
for the configuration, not "how do I do..."

> Does anybody have any recomendations?

I recommend using a Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall.  We have had great
luck with them and they seem to do about 99.9% of the things we want
them to do.  They have also cut down on the number e-mails we received
to about 25% of what we had been receiving.

--
Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH GCFA

--
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology.