Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Mail scanner

From: Paul daSilva <pdasilva () polr org>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:24:28 -0500

Hi Jono,

I wish you would provide some more information, such as what product you are using now, and if you have a budget to purchase a new solution. There are many products out there that provide user/mailbox-level quarantine and release capabilities. One such commercial product with easy setup/configuration and great support is the Barracuda Spam Firewall: http://www.barracudanetworks.com/ns/products/spam_overview.php

There are many others out there, both appliance and software-based. But again, depending on the product you are already using, it may very well be capable of such functionality. The more information you give us, the better this list can help you with your question.

Cheers,
Paul

security () calowaycrew com wrote:
Hi

My company currently scans emails for attachments but we are considering a change of supplier.  One of the problems we are having is
with allowing users to release their own emails.  I've spent a few hours trying to configure it but to no avail and support is
only for the configuration, not "how do I do..."

Does anybody have any recomendations?

Thanks

Jono