Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Mail scanner

From: Nathaniel Hall <lists () spider-security net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:31:35 -0600

security () calowaycrew com wrote:
Hi

My company currently scans emails for attachments but we are considering a change of supplier.  One of the problems
we are having is with allowing users to release their own emails.  I've spent a few hours trying to configure it but
to no avail and support is only for the configuration, not "how do I do..."

Does anybody have any recomendations?

I recommend using a Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall.  We have had great
luck with them and they seem to do about 99.9% of the things we want
them to do.  They have also cut down on the number e-mails we received
to about 25% of what we had been receiving.

--
Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH GCFA