Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: terminal server security vs vpn

From: "Chris Barber" <cmbarber () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:18:29 -0700

Juan,
If you use SSL-VPN you will not need a client, or at worst you will
not be required to install a client before you can make the
connection.  The only thing needed from that standpoint is a browser.
This makes VPN more "Web Like" and easier on the user, without
compromising your security.  i would contact one of the loacl
resellers in your area and ask for a demo

Cisco, Juniper, Aventail and Checkpoint all have SSL-VPN solutions
that are quite nice.  I prefer the Juniper myself.

Hope this helps
Chris.