Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: terminal server security vs vpn

From: Chandresh Dedhia <ChandreshD () shoppersstop co in>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:53:14 +0530

Hi,

 Has anybody used Portwise???

Thanks & Regards
Chandresh Dedhia
-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] On Behalf Of Chris Barber
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:48 AM
To: Juan B
Cc: security basics
Subject: Re: terminal server security vs vpn

Juan,
If you use SSL-VPN you will not need a client, or at worst you will
not be required to install a client before you can make the
connection.  The only thing needed from that standpoint is a browser.
This makes VPN more "Web Like" and easier on the user, without
compromising your security.  i would contact one of the loacl
resellers in your area and ask for a demo

Cisco, Juniper, Aventail and Checkpoint all have SSL-VPN solutions
that are quite nice.  I prefer the Juniper myself.

Hope this helps
Chris.