Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to monitor Windows user

From: "Sebastian {En3pY} Zdrojewski" <en3py () itvc net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 06:49:22 -0100 (GMT+1)

I don't think you need third party products to do this. I would suggest
you to use the Audit functions on the pc in question. Usually logon
activity on the PC should be recorded if you are in a domain environment.
Using the security log you can achieve your goal. If the information is
not logged, you will just need to enable the audit policy in the station's
GPO using gpedit.msc

Hope this helps,

En3pY

FRANCIS PROVENCHER said:
Hi all, i have a question for you.

I suspect a user of my office to use PC from others workers outside of the
office hour.
Im not very famillar with Windows products and third party.

I just want to know, how i can monitor this station in question.
Some one can help me please?

Francis Provencher
Ministère de la Sécurité publique du Québec
Direction des technologies de l'information
Tél: 1 418 646-3258
Courriel:   Francis.provencher () Msp gouv qc ca

CEH - Certified Ethical Hackers
SSCP - System Security Certified Practionner
Sec+ - Security +

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec
management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed
degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

--
Sebastian -En3pY- Zdrojewski
IT Virtual Community Management